Wednesday, February 2, 2011

The Magic

A Disney Fan knows by just those 2 words what that really can mean.  The magic--it is something that you can't put your finger on but lives in your heart.  I would like to say it's simply Tink herself that makes the magic.     But I know that is not really the ONLY thing that makes the magic, just a big part of it for me:)

I admit it.  I am a HUGE Disney Fan.  I know there are others like me, some even bigger fans than I, but I know I am not alone.  It makes my obsession not so crazy:)  My family took the most amazing Family Vacation in December--the "Dream Vacation" we called it.  It was, in so many ways.  And it's not like we haven't been to Disney before.  It's always been a favorite.  And each time, it's just as magical, if not even more so.  And it centers around small creatures that you would normally set traps for, fairies that sprinkle dust, and all sorts of other "things" that would not normally make much sense UNTIL you set foot in a Disney park.  Then all of the reality of your life seems to drift away and you are transported to THE MAGIC.  The magic of Disney where you really do feel like a kid all over again, but when you go with your children, it's even better.

What makes up the magic?  I'm not quite sure it's any ONE thing but all things rolled up in one.  It's the attractions (rides for the Non-Disney speaking folks) that make your heart sing with joy, fright, or nostalgia.  It's seeing the happiness in your child's eyes when they step onto their flight with Peter Pan, or the ups and downs with Dumbo or hopping with Tigger.  It's watching their eyes get wide and the smile that follows when they see Cindrella's castle light up at night and then the fireworks that follow.  It's watching a parade and having that one character turn to you and wave or blow a kiss and you feel like it really was meant just for you, regardless of whether you are 4, 40, or 64.  The magic starts when you watch the park 'open' and take the first step in the turnstile.  It's seeing Main Street and no matter how many times you have seen it before, you feel that pleasure of Disney spread thru you.

Maybe it's that Disney does everything just better than anywhere else.  The special touches that are done that make it go from good to great.  The hidden Mickeys you can find wherever you go, the ultra clean swept park, the friendliness of the cast members (that is known as employees).  Maybe it's that everyone there (for the most part anyway) has been touched by the Magic as well.

I know, I know--I haven't talked about the characters really.  Is that what makes the magic?  The idea of seeing your favorite friend come to life, give them a hug and then capture it so you can relive the moment.  Knowing that it's not really Tinkerbell standing in front of you but you can't help the tears coming to your eyes anyway.  Nothing can beat meeting your favorite character.

And I haven't touched on being right there in "the World", where nothing else matters but being on Disney property because it is a world of it's own.  And all the touches that each park has, it's own flavor and flair.  The special themed restaurants that make eating an experience and not just a meal.  The shows that are all things Disney.

Or the special things that happen that are totally unplanned, even by Disney itself.  Like the day in Animal Kingdom when we kept looking for the tigers.  The kids were up at one of the windows, trying to see one.  I turned for a moment, only to then find my children stuck to the window, eye to eye with a tiger on their haunches, kind of playing with them.  It brought tears to my eyes that they were all there to enjoy that moment that can never be repeated the same way again.  Or the time the ostrich started to 'attack' us on our tour.  Or the hippo that ....well, let's just say we saw how he can clear a room and I don't think I will ever see THAT again.  And even though it was pretty gross, it was still one of those memories that we can go back to and laugh about.  Creating memories with your family at the most magical place on earth:)



So if you haven't ever been touched by that magic, it's addicting when you do.  It's one of the things that motivates me to do more with my business, so that I can have that "Dream Vacation" repeated.  It's the Dream of owning a Disney Vacation Club membership (darn house in Havasu) one day.  It's the dream of having that magic combined with a cruise because what could be better than a cruise ship all things Disney??  It's the dreams of going back for more, doing different things and also doing the favorites over and over again because no matter how many times we go, there is always the Magic!

No comments:

Post a Comment