Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Just Mommy!


I am always amazed at the power of being a mom. All 3 of my children have had the benefit of my mom being here with us, doing so many things for them. She's the one that cooks, cleans, does laundry, does a lot of the running around playing taxi--all so I can do what I need for my business. Of course, I get to do the 'fun' stuff, but my mom plays a HUGE role in their lives. And yet, there are so many times when my kids just want their 'mommy'. Not their Grandma, not their Papa, not their uncle--just mommy! Isn't it truly incredible? The power of being a mom! From the little things to the 'big' things. My daughter does well in school and she wants to come home and 'tell mommy'. Trying out for cheerleading and who does my daughter want there for support? Her Mommy. Brody needs to go the bathroom and you think he could take his grandma who is right there? Nope, gotta go get my mommy (mamom for him, but same thing). Sick? Only mommy will do for that comfort. Can't sleep? Need just my mommy. Even as they grow older, and start going thru those 'tween' ages and stages, there are times that they will still coming running up to me, jump on my lap, put their arms around my neck and squeeze because they want their mommy. I cherish those moments. The ones I get to snuggle with them, still get to love on them, stroke their back or hair, and give them the mommy kisses. I am moved to tears by the strength, the bond, the connection that just a mommy can bring and give to her children. Being a mom has challenges, that is for sure. But when I hear the sweet voice of my child say 'I need my mommy', my world is complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment